Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A look back in time: 2006 Sideshow Collectibles - TCM - 12" Leatherface

3 years after the release of the much anticipated  2003 remake of the slasher cult film "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Sideshow Collectibles released a 12" figure of the main character, Thomas Hewitt aka "Leatherface".
The 2003 remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Masscre" was about five teens making their way back from a trip to Mexico, that are lead to a foreboding house after a shocking encounter with a hitchhiker. Once there, they discover the disturbing truth behind several recent disappearances, and encounter the chainsaw-wielding maniac known as Leatherface! The movie accurate 12 inch figure featured the mask of skin, as worn by Andrew Bryniarski in the 2003 slasher film. Also included his infamous chainsaw, hands with rings collected from his victims, and a film accurate costume, complete with apron and leather arm wrappings.
Personally Im a big fan of the TCM franchise and I wish I had been into serious collecting at the time this figure released, because I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Except for a couple of issues, this figure is the best collectible of this whole franchise next to NECA and McFarlane's 7" and 18" novelty lines. I would definitely recommend this figure to any TCM fan in a heartbeat. I can definitely say that when I have some spare funds I will track this little guy down and get one for myself.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Joker DX 2.0 - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure The Terminator Premium Format Figure - Terminator Captain America Sixth Scale Figure - The Avengers War Machine Life-Size Bust Iron Man Mark I (2.0) Sixth Scale Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version The Joker (1989 Version)